Headache Relief

According to a recent study, 90 percent of Americans suffer from headaches. The “pain” spectrum for headaches is broad: some people have infrequent, relatively painless headaches, while others suffer from regular migraines with symptoms including severe pain and nausea. The ways in which people address headaches are equally diverse: naps, aspirin, and the “grit your teeth and bear it” approach are all popular coping mechanisms.

Headaches Have Numerous Triggers

  • Extreme exercise
  • Blood-sugar changes
  • Lights, noises, and other external stimuli
  • Various foods
  • Stress

Regardless of the trigger, only 5 percent of headaches are caused by disease or are a “warning sign” of a deeper physical issue. The other 95 percent are “common” headaches: cluster, tension, and migraine. Interestingly, despite all of the aforementioned triggers, most headaches are intertwined with muscle tension in the neck. This is because people today are more sedentary than ever, with some spending hours in a specific position or posture, i.e. sitting at a desk. This leads to muscle tension, joint irritation, and, you guessed it, headaches.

Headache Treatment Options

While naps, aspirin, and toughing it out can be effective remedies, there’s another, better option for headache relief near Charlotte, NC: visiting Active Life Chiropractic for a spinal manipulation treatment. Compelling research supports spinal manipulation as an effective treatment for headaches, regardless of their trigger.

Our chiropractic office in Charlotte, NC is well prepared to alleviate your headache symptoms with effective, personalized treatment that includes spinal manipulation, and possibly other treatments as well.

Our Approach to Headache Relief

We’ll conduct preliminary exams to locate the source of your headaches, and ask questions concerning your symptoms and headache history: how long have they occurred, does anything make them better/worse, etc. The preliminary exams could include tests for range of motion, posture, muscle spasms, reflexes, and pain spread.

As “conservative care” doctors, surgery and drug prescription are beyond our scope. However, we do utilize nerve scans and x-rays to facilitate our diagnosis and support our treatment recommendation. Depending on the nature and severity of your symptoms, we’ll administer one or both of these analyses. If we discover something that’s outside of our expertise, we’ll refer you to the appropriate specialist.

Prior to commencing treatment, we’ll share our diagnosis with you, discuss treatment options, and talk candidly about time-frame and expectations. We’ll also get your insurance and payment options squared away.

Treatment involves a spinal manipulation and other chiropractic adjustments to enhance spinal function, mitigate overall stress, and reduce/eliminate your headaches. We can also offer nutritional advice depending on your symptoms, and provide guidance pertaining to posture, exercise, relaxation techniques, and overall ergonomics.

Schedule an Appointment

Active Life Chiropractic is a chiropractic office located in Charlotte and prides itself on building long-term relationships with its clients. In addition to chiropractic treatment for headaches, theye also specialize in treating neck pain, shoulder pain, sciatica, back pain, and prenatal care. Contact us today to make an appointment.